Even the god can’t steal away those 2 hours from me… These precious hours are mine: enriched with silence, freedom and far away from any distraction. As a full-time homely Mom it’s hard to earn ‘me-time’ with her and I really crave for that period of time when I put my girl to sleep. She is currently not even a pre-schooler, so I serve as her sole care-taker, entertainer, teacher, playmate and boredom partner. I try hard daily to put her on nap around 12:00PM post her bath and snacks so that I can enjoy my piece of cake before she gets up for her lunch. So if my friends are reading this blog too, please bear in mind not to ring me at that time. So coming to the point about what exactly I do:·
- Maintain pin-drop silence at home. I curse people’s activities that create noise outside my apartment, they better should know that my girl is sleeping and I ain’t to be disturbed.·
- To begin with, I stare at her pretty sculpture again and again. Often I lie down next to her; try not to doze off but lose myself away in her beauty and rhythmic breathe. Imagine what my life has become as her mother, how life has changed, what I had been doing in the past and what I’m doing now, mesmerizing the love that we (me and the hubby) have created.·
- Stare at the ceiling, bed, and blanket and check if the room temperature is fine. Keeping away distractions further, I move my eyes back to my little girl to continue stare her.·
- Call my husband or text him as assurance that I’m not sleeping and will do something productive rather than wasting these crucial hours.·
- But rather putting on productive shoes, surf social media sites, read the same news in different news apps, check bubbling opinions, sarcasms, insta stories, friends of friends and friends of strangers on the Facebook before it’s too late to realize: I’M WASTING MY TIME!·
- Half of the time already evaporates until I begin to take out the laundry from the machine, cook Dal-rice or any simple staple food.·
- Make multiple rounds to the kitchen, control my cravings for the chocolates that I got for my girl (but fail miserably and grab a least a bite of it). Try to discover imaginary candies, cakes, bar and drinks in the fridge to relish upon and somehow manage with a fruit or something.·
- Left with few more minutes, I open the laptop to blog about something I never thought about. Shift my mind to creative thoughts; aiming to change the world, break the stereotype perception, and make my day productive. Can I bring any change in this world? Wait, my baby has just waked up!
So what am I doing currently? Cuddling my girl and calming her down.
P.S. Still in my mind, I vow to be a productive mom starting tomorrow. And yes, I will also jot down an article or world-changing phenomenon