To start with, this blog is not from any fashion expert, but from just another Mommy. The one with whom you interact, share your mommy-challenges, ups and downs; living the life just like you. Probably my thoughts will evoke a slight change in your monotnous, over-burdened and worn-out life. ‘Beauty lies certainly on the eyes of beholder’, but that beholder can be sometime be our own-self. Few months after the birth of my daughter, I started to completely ignore meeting my own eyes at the mirror; ‘Is that really me’?, I used to question myself. Ok, Being a Mum is a beautiful feeling but we all know somewhere down the line, that we all want to be pampered, feel a little soft about our skin and come out of that big, dipressed and puffed look. While things take their own time to shape-up,its not good to ignore completely about your skin. So lets talk about these must-haves first:
- A good night cream: I will start with about how we end up our day, err night. Being awake till late and even sometimes overnight, we ignore the face that our babies love to touch and feel our skin. And night is the time when miracles can happen to our skin and thus do indulge in buying a nice night cream for yourself. What you have to do is just a minute job, wash and clean your face and apply a little dap-dap cream with fingers on your face, neck-area and ears.
- Sulphate Free Shampoo and Lots of Oil Massage: Are you also struggling with hair-fall, dryness, itchy-scalp and premature greying?? There are so many hormonal fluctuations happening inside our body as a Mommy and you just can’t ignore your hairs. First of all, get rid of those detergent alike sulphate shampoos. If possible put some egg, curd, bananas, curry leaves, etc etc with regular oils massage.I use all types of oils, be it coconut, olive, Amla, Castor, Almond for my nearly-damaged hairs. Also lately I have shifted to only organic and sulphate free shampoo for my hairs and I must say- that’s a wise decision I have taken before it gets so late that my daughter fail to find any hairs over her Mommy’s head.
- Face & Body moisturizer: This is a must-must thing to apply right after you take a bath. No matter how busy you are, apply it. For that matter, keep it in the bathroom so that you don’t forget it to apply on your face. Ensure a healthy diet, but a nice face moisturizer is a necessity. I abstain myself from applying any 9to5 cream,face cream or sunscreen- I rather prefer to buy one with good mix of all and apply only that one thing over my face: quicky and easy! And do a little favor, get some good cream to spread over your body too!!
- Compact: I always need it to save me from frequent T-zone oilyness and dullness on my face that continually re-appears throughout the day. No matter after applying so many good things, our face start to bloat within hours. May be this happens because of our constant juggle with babies. But to give our face a clean and neat look, a nice compact always feels like a savior to me.
- Lip Balm: As a mother, we all love to kiss our babies. Given a chance, I would love to do this all the time. But just licking your lips when they’re chapped will not make them better, we really need some moisturize to relieve our lips from dryness, dullness, and peeling without making them sticky and greasy. So go for it and have a good lip balm and hydrated lip shades. If possible, try some home remedies like scrubbling, applying ghee, rose-water, glycerin as well.
- Kajal or Eye-Liner: As a new Mums, our eyes get affected battling with the lesser sleep and tiredness. And to the top, most of us like to spend some me-time late at night when our babies finally go back to sleep and this enhances puffiness around our eyes.. All these changes highly affects our eyes-area and its necessary for us to take care of them.Drink plenty of water, use cucumber, peeled potatoes, splash eyes with water, do some eye-exercises and invest in some quality eye product when you have to go out. ” The main beauty lies in the eyes”, we need not to smoky but still a decent Kohl application on the eyes can make us look decent and poised.
- Anything and Everything: You think is important for your skin. I have tried to keep things limited here but that doesn’t restrain ourself me from not using other beautiful products for my skin and body. We all have legitimate right to look good, feel good and do good to our skin:)
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼I￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼ will not talk about any concealer, foundation, eye shadows, blush or any other stuff. These products are indeed good but I never felt their utmost importance to my skin. We just can’t heal everything with products, a healthy diet, regular exercise, positive mind and natural lifestyle can create miracles too. Remember you a Mom but you are not the only Mom; so don’t feel down but live your moments and live your life. Stay Happy guys!!